Georgia is among the 10 most populated states in the US. Its population continues to grow, which makes this southern place a good place for a growing business. However, as a business owner, you should know that it is important to have business insurance to protect yourself, your company, and your employees. The rules and regulations of commercial insurance vary from state to state. If you are currently looking for commercial insurance in Georgia, Beach Insurance Group, serving clients from Savannah, GA, and other surrounding areas, prepared a list of types of commercial insurance you should know about:
- General liability insurance - It covers you as a business owner if someone gets injured by or on your commercial property because of your or your employees' negligence.
- Property insurance - This type of commercial insurance is similar to personal property insurance policies. This coverage is needed to protect your commercial building and the contents in case of physical damage or theft. Property policies may also include additional coverages, such as loss of use, business personal property, and business interruption.
- Workers' compensation - It provides benefits and coverage for employees if they get injured in the workplace. It would cover employees' medical expenses and lost wages if they had to miss work because of their injury. Because of these benefits, employees do not have the right to sue you as their employer.
- Errors and omissions - It protects you from lawsuits from your clients over a mistake you made. This policy is good for insurance agents and lawyers.
- Cyber liability insurance - The purpose of this policy is to protect you as a business owner if there is a data breach that affects you or your clients.
Now that you know what types of commercial insurance exist, you are probably ready to purchase a policy to protect your business. If you live in Savannah, GA, and you are looking for a trustworthy insurance agency, Beach Insurance Group is here to help. Do not hesitate to give us a call to talk to one of our insurance agents and get all the information you need.